The Economic Club of Minnesota (ECOM) provides a high-profile, non-partisan platform for national and international leaders in business, government and public policy to present their ideas on how Minnesota can better compete in the global economy and how America can most effectively provide world leadership on economic and strategic issues.
Modeled after similar august organizations such as the Economic Club of New York and the Detroit Economic Club, ECOM aspires to be the leading venue for major speeches on economics and public policy.
ECOM’s mission is to provide a forum for vigorous, high-level discussions of issues that affect our competitiveness and security. Topics will include:
- Simplifying our burdensome tax system to inspire entrepreneurship;
- US debt and its economic/strategic implications;
- Workforce quality and competitiveness;
- Affordable healthcare and retirement options that help our companies compete for workers while remaining competitive internationally;
- Entitlement reform;
- Keeping Minnesota at the cutting edge of innovation;
- Continuing America’s world leadership in opening markets and advancing freedom.
Speakers at the Economic Club of Minnesota will bring unique perspectives and creative policy approaches that move the debate beyond the status quo.
ECOM will continue Minnesota’s long history of national leadership and innovative policy solutions. The Economic Club of Minnesota will provide a forum for linking the great thinkers and decision-makers of our state with the rest of the nation and the world.